Re: Linux 2.6.17: PM-Timer bug warning?

From: Andreas Mohr
Date: Tue Jun 20 2006 - 04:41:11 EST

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 08:59:47AM +0100, Chris Rankin wrote:
> --- Con Kolivas <kernel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > We don't have such a list that tells us which hardware is prone otherwise we
> > could have put the workaround for broken chipsets only.
>
> True, but if there were no way to test for this bug then arguably the bug could not be said to
> exist in the first place. So how would I determine whether my chipset really is prone or not?

OGAWA Hirofumi initially posted a test app:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=114297656924494&w=2

and there were lots of PM-Timer abandon triple-read optimization
LKML discussions quite recently where one can read on that topic...

Thanks for your testing help, it's very important!

Andreas Mohr