Re: who I do know if a interrupt is ioapic_edge_type or ioapic_level_type? [Was Re: [Fwd: Re: [Linux-usb-users] Fwd: Re:2.6.17-rc6-mm2 - USB issues]]

From: Randy.Dunlap
Date: Wed Jun 21 2006 - 20:44:03 EST

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 01:36:46 +0100 Sergio Monteiro Basto wrote:

> who I do know if a interrupt is ioapic_edge_type or ioapic_edge_type ?

Do you mean how they are configured in a running kernel?

cat /proc/interrupts ::

CPU0 CPU1
0: 12412944 12407808 IO-APIC-edge timer
1: 122673 124208 IO-APIC-edge i8042
7: 0 0 IO-APIC-edge parport0
9: 0 0 IO-APIC-level acpi
12: 1141950 1138138 IO-APIC-edge i8042
14: 1107749 1109102 IO-APIC-edge ide0
58: 451498 0 PCI-MSI eth0
66: 530689 495356 PCI-MSI libata
74: 0 0 IO-APIC-level ehci_hcd:usb1, uhci_hcd:usb6
82: 31 3 IO-APIC-level ohci_hcd:usb2, ohci_hcd:usb3, ohci_hcd:usb4, ohci_hcd:usb5
90: 561 492 IO-APIC-level HDA Intel
169: 3 0 IO-APIC-level ohci1394
177: 0 0 IO-APIC-level uhci_hcd:usb8
185: 0 0 IO-APIC-level uhci_hcd:usb7
193: 0 0 IO-APIC-level uhci_hcd:usb9

or how they should be configured in case you are not sure?
See a hardware spec. for that.

> On Wed, 2006-06-21 at 20:50 +1000, Johny wrote:
> > Success :)
> >
> > I simply made the change
> > manually, based on your and others' inputs (it seemed the simpler
> > option).
> >
> > Both kernels now boot, and all USB devices are recognised correctly.
> >

> > I run in XT_PIC mode for interrupts.
> >

> Hi, thanks for your positive test on "my" theory.
>
> Here it goes the link that I talked about on last email
> http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/8/18/92 (you can read the previous messages on
> this thread)
>
> The patch of this link doesn't compile (at least for me), but have a
> simple idea, which is just quirk the VIA_PCIs if they are in XT_PIC mode
> and I think that is the way of this quirks should go.
>
> So someone help me out and do a patch that recognize if the interrupt is
> in XT-PIC mode or not ?
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Sérgio M. B.