Re: How to know library version installed

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Mon Jun 26 2006 - 01:52:57 EST

On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 22:36:11 PDT, Datha said:
> How to know the library version? For example I want to know the
> release version of /usr/lib/libc.so

This is the linux *kernel* list, and this isn't a kernel question.

Also, the details differ based on your distribution and what use you
plan to make of the information - "Have I installed the patch to libpng.so?"
is a different question than "What release of PNG do I have installed, and
what features does the API support?"

Please re-ask your question, with more detail regarding what you're trying
to do, in a more appropriate list...