Re: Alsa update in mainline broke ATI-IXP sound driver

From: Takashi Iwai
Date: Mon Jun 26 2006 - 06:26:19 EST

At Sun, 25 Jun 2006 21:39:35 +0200,
Andi Kleen wrote:

> Since I updated an ATI x86-64 box to 2.6.17-git6 sound doesn't work anymore.
>
> I just get
>
> ALSA lib confmisc.c:672:(snd_func_card_driver) cannot find card '0'
> ALSA lib conf.c:3493:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_card_driver returned error: No such device
(snip)
> User land is from SUSE 10.0

First check /proc/asound/cards after loading snd-atiixp. If the ATI
IXP entry appears, the device was initialized and set up. If not,
something wrong in the driver initialization.

Then check whether /dev/snd/controlC0 exists. If not, it's likely a
udev thingy. Possibly upgrading udev package might help...

Takashi