Re: the creation of boot_cpu_init() is wrong and accessinguninitialised data

From: James Bottomley
Date: Tue Jun 27 2006 - 09:59:59 EST

On Tue, 2006-06-27 at 23:00 +1000, Keith Owens wrote:
> AFAICR, the BSP is supposed to be logical cpu 0 on all architectures.
> Most architectures assign logical cpu 0 to the BSP, even if the BSP
> has
> a non-zero hard_smp_processor_id. ia64 even has this

That's definitely not a requirement. For systems like voyager whose
CPUs cannot be renumbered it makes no sense. The original reason for
renumbering was that most CPU loops ran from 1 to max_cpu and therefore
worked better if the CPU map was dense. However, I fixed that up long
ago so sparse CPU map traversal should be fine now.

James