util-linux status

From: PÃdraig Brady
Date: Tue Jun 27 2006 - 10:03:50 EST

What is the status of util-linux?
There doesn't seem to be anything significant
released in about 1.5 years now.

I'm worried about patches getting lost,
especially since there were a large number
of thirdparty bugs/patches referenced in
the changelog for 2004.

Personally I submitted a patch in 2004 that was
merged immediately, then I sent a simple bug fix
early in 2005 that has never been released.

Can we have a mailing list (on vger?) to
at least archive patches and bugs?

This is the timeline over the last while as I see it:

23 Sep 2005 ----------------------------------------2.12r
cfdisk: fix a segfault with ReiserFS partitions
umount: disallow -r option for non-root users
updated translations
01 Jan 2005 ----------------------------------------Maintainership change
:
: many changes in 16 versions