Re: swsusp / suspend2 reliability (was Re: [Suspend2-devel] Re: Suspend2- Request for review & inclusion in -mm)

From: Andreas Jellinghaus
Date: Wed Jun 28 2006 - 04:56:41 EST

swsusp does not work with swap files. suspend2 does.

so this is an inprovement. improvements are usually merged,
unless there is a reason not to.

could the discussion focus on current technical reasons why it
should not be merged? I somehow get the impression there are
personal preferences or future development strategies, but neither
looks like a current technical reason to me, and thus should not
harm merging or not.

Regards, Andreas