Re: swsusp / suspend2 reliability (was Re: [Suspend2-devel] Re: Suspend2 - Request for review & inclusion in -mm)

From: Rafael J. Wysocki
Date: Wed Jun 28 2006 - 18:50:58 EST

Hi,

On Thursday 29 June 2006 00:19, Sebastian KÃgler wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 June 2006 21:53, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > Okay, can I get some details? Like how much memory does system have,
> > what stress test causes the failure?
>
> The machine has 1GB of RAM, filling it up beyond 500MB, maybe 600MB usually
> made swsusp a problem. I'd need to close apps then to be able to suspend.

That sounds strange to me as I have never had any problems of this kind with
swsusp and I sometimes have RAM almost 100% full before suspend
(there's 1.5 GB on my box).

First, have you tried setting the size of the image using /sys/power/image_size?

Second, the swsusp's memory shrinker has been reworked recently and the
patch should be in the latest git. Could you please check if the problems persist
with the newest -git kernels?

Greetings,
Rafael