Re: [Alsa-devel] OSS driver removal, 2nd round

From: James Courtier-Dutton
Date: Fri Jun 30 2006 - 12:11:33 EST

Adrian Bunk wrote:
Now that I've sent the first round of actually removing the code for OSS drivers where ALSA drivers without regressions exist for the same hardware, it's time for a second round amongst the remaining drivers.

SOUND_EMU10K1
- ALSA #1735 (OSS emulation 4-channel mode rear channels not working)
- ALSA #1782 (really poor sound with my SB Live 1024 and ALSA)

As the MAINTAINER of EMU10K1, I am happy for EMU10K1 driver to be removed from the kernel.

ALSA #1735 is now closed. All the apps the user was trying also support ALSA natively now, so OSS is not needed.
ALSA #1782 requires more information from the user. I am expecting this to be a configuration problem, and not a driver problem.