Re: 2.6.17.3 kernel panic

From: Grzegorz Kulewski
Date: Sun Jul 16 2006 - 19:58:28 EST

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006, Krzysztof Halasa wrote:
None if you mean HDD. memtest86+ from FC5 boot disk haven't found
anything wrong with RAM, either.

this it similar to my bug
report http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0606.3/index.html#2558

Not very, actually. Looks it's time to give this machine some
real exercise. The problem is it's random.

Have you tried prime (from GIMPS) on this machine? It can detect errors on systems that have no apparent or visible problems and memtest does not show anything bad. It suprised me several times showing problems on machines that I could swear were ok.

But maybe it is not hardware fault at all...

Grzegorz Kulewski

PS. Greetings to pm.waw.pl admin! :-)