i2c-i801 no longer working (was: Re: lm90 no longer working)

From: Thomas Tuttle
Date: Sun Jul 16 2006 - 23:06:30 EST

On July 16 at 22:08 EDT, Thomas Tuttle hastily scribbled:
> I have a hardware monitoring chip in my laptop that uses the lm90
> driver, and somewhere between 2.6.16 and 2.6.17, it stopped working. I
> don't know why. I'm going to try installing a bunch of different
> versions to track down which version precisely stopped working, but I'm
> curious if anyone has any ideas about what might have caused this.

Sorry to reply to my own message... but I've realized that my I2C bus
(i2c-i801) is also not showing up. Even if I load the i2c-i801 and lm90
modules, I don't have a bus entry listed in /sys/class/i2c-adapter.

--
Thomas Tuttle (thinkinginbinary@xxxxxxxxx)
A List Apart: For people who make websites. alistapart.com