[OT] devfs is obsolete, but dbus/hald/ivman does not spend more resources at boot time?

From: Gustavo Guillermo Pérez
Date: Tue Jul 18 2006 - 13:09:37 EST

I was used to mount devfs in a separate folder, to search for a ZISO file on
hard drives or DVD/CD units in my boot ram rescue disks, and Gentoo live DVD,
in last kernel versions devfs still there but not anymore in config, we still
able to use it, touching some files.

Just to know ¿How many releases will still there?

How do you a search for drives with hald/dbus at boot time on a ramdisk it is
not more complex?!?!?!.

Well, I still wanting for a while devfs, untill I use to use hald/dbus :(

--
Gustavo Guillermo Pérez
Compunauta uLinux