Re: [PATCH] Watchdog: i8xx_tco remove pci_find_device
From: Wim Van Sebroeck
Date: Wed Jul 19 2006 - 02:10:45 EST
Just back from a small holiday, but:
> Watchdog: i8xx_tco remove pci_find_device.
> Use refcounting for pci device obtaining. Use PCI_DEVICE macro.
> Signed-off-by: Jiri Slaby <jirislaby@xxxxxxxxx>
Why the pci_dev_put's? We aren't registering the PCI devices. See
the comment above the MODULE_DEVICE_TABLE:
* Data for PCI driver interface
* This data only exists for exporting the supported
* PCI ids via MODULE_DEVICE_TABLE. We do not actually
* register a pci_driver, because someone else might one day
* want to register another driver on the same PCI id.
Since the I/O controller Hub has several functions we explicitely
do not register the PCI device...
PS: In the -mm tree there is allready a replacement for this driver...
Plan is to get this one into linus tree soon.
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/