pb installation with .deb

From: Hulin Thibaud
Date: Tue Aug 15 2006 - 12:07:02 EST

Hello !
I would like install my compiled kernel but I done an error and installed two kernel with the same name. Now, I can't uninstall one of them. I have a Sementation error, and the console says that it's considered that noone file of the package is installed actually.
When I want reinstall (dpkg -i) uninstall (dpkg -r) the broken package (kernel-image-2.6.17.081006), dpkg suggest to do a dpkg --configure -a to solve the problem, but it's long and not certified, isn't it ?

Thanks very much,
Thibaud.