Re: 2.6.19-rc3-mm1 -- missing network adaptors

From: Greg KH
Date: Thu Nov 02 2006 - 00:24:25 EST

On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 06:11:13PM -0800, Martin Bligh wrote:
> Greg KH wrote:

> >>Reverting that patch does indeed appear to fix it.
> >

> >Even with CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED enabled? For some reason I'm guessing
> >that you missed that suggestion a while back...
>
> Yes - Enabling CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED didn't help.

Ok, you are correct, for a stupid reason, this option didn't correctly
work for a range of device types (I can get into the gory details if
anyone really cares...)

I've now fixed this up, and a few other bugs that I kept tripping on
(which others also hit), and have refreshed my tree so that the next -mm
will be much better in this area.

If the problem persists (and I've built a zillion different kernels in
different configurations today testing to make sure it doesn't), please
let me know.

I can post updated patches here if people want them.

thanks for everyone's patience, I appreciated it.

greg k-h