Re: [discuss] Linux 2.6.19-rc4: known unfixed regressions (v2)

From: Dave Jones
Date: Thu Nov 02 2006 - 21:58:55 EST

On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 03:41:32AM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> This email lists some known regressions in 2.6.19-rc4 compared to 2.6.18
> that are not yet fixed in Linus' tree.
>
> If you find your name in the Cc header, you are either submitter of one
> of the bugs, maintainer of an affectected subsystem or driver, a patch
> of you caused a breakage or I'm considering you in any other way possibly
> involved with one or more of these issues.
>
> Due to the huge amount of recipients, please trim the Cc when answering.
>
> Subject : cpufreq not working on AMD K8

As Mark mentioned in his followup, powernow-k8 didn't change in .19 at all.
I'm suspecting an ACPI change meant that we no longer find the PST tables
correctly.

Christian, can you post the full dmesg's from the working/broken kernels.
It may be useful to enable CONFIG_ACPI_DEBUG too.

Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk