Re: [rfc patch] i386: don't save eflags on task switch

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Sun Nov 05 2006 - 12:35:35 EST

> Andi, one single bug is usually worth _months_ of peoples time and effort.
> How many CPU cycles is that?

actually lockdep is pretty good at finding this type of bug IMMEDIATELY
even without the actual race triggering ;)

(but I otherwise agree that unless there is a
"sti-conditional-on-zero-flag" or something.... it's probably a void
optimization in the general uninlined case)

--
if you want to mail me at work (you don't), use arjan (at) linux.intel.com
Test the interaction between Linux and your BIOS via http://www.linuxfirmwarekit.org