Re: Promise PDC20375 (SATA150 TX2plus) doesn't work with last kernels.

From: Clemens Koller
Date: Mon Nov 06 2006 - 09:06:26 EST

Hi, Jean!

So, I've investigated to see why UBUNTU Dapper see my IDE disk and why
newer kernels doesn't. There's some big changes in dmesg : a
sata_promise PATA port is found. Or it's on this port IDE disk is
plugged.
---------------------
Is there any PATA support broken in new sata_promise/libata stuff ? Is
there any good kernel configuration in order to make it works?

It's not broken, it's just not included yet.

There is a patch somewhere out there, which could fix your issue.
Just to give it a name, it's something like:

linux-2.6-sata-promise-pata-ports.patch

I patched a 2.6.18.1 and didn't run into any troubles with it with
lots of i/o. So, i take it as "works for me". But Jeff knows when it's
the right time to push that. :-)

Greets,

Clemens Koller
R&D Imaging Devices