RE: 2.6.19-rc4-mm2

From: Richardson, Charlotte
Date: Mon Nov 06 2006 - 13:28:04 EST

Hi, Andrew & Andrew -

Kimball said to work this through you; I modified this fix so that it
only applies to RV100-based Radeons, since evidently some of them (like
your RV200-based Radeon) really do NOT do 24bpp, as retro as that seems
to me. I'm certain this is actually overly-restrictive, but the only
Radeon chips I have here are ES1000s (RN50, device id 0x515E): I did
drivers
for three earlier Radeon chips at my previous job several years ago, all
of which did 24bpp just fine, but I do not recall what their device ids
were
anymore. What's the device id of your VC1? What I'd ideally like to do
is
to allow 24bpp for all the Radeons for which it works and disallow it
for
all the ones where it doesn't, rather than disallow it for ALL of them,
or
only allow it for the ES1000 (RN50) that we happen to have in our
hardware
here. Your thoughts?

/Charlotte

Murray;