2.6.19 Microcode Update causes a ten second wait

From: Andrew Benton
Date: Mon Nov 06 2006 - 16:34:28 EST

Hello World
With the 2.6.19 kernels I've tried (2.6.19-rc1-git7 and 2.6.19-rc4-git10), enabling the Intel Microcode Update Driver causes the kernel to hang for more than ten seconds when I boot. The last thing it shows on the screen is `TCP reno registered' and then it just stops like its a kernel panic. But it isn't, after about ten seconds the text flies up the screen again and the system boots normally. Disabling support for the microcode update makes the problem go away.

Andy