Re: 'False' IO error when copying from cdrom drive

From: Mathieu Fluhr
Date: Fri Nov 24 2006 - 05:16:26 EST

Okay, I understand the point. So this 0x1fffff is somehow a default
value right? (Humm why 0x1fffff by the way?)

But:
- when I open /dev/hdxx with the O_NONBLOCK flag, this is specially to
get a 'raw' access on the device. If I do not pass this flag, the open
syscall will fail if no media is in the device.

- when that mount command is used, the mount will fail if no medium is
inside. So wouldn't it be a good idea to recheck the toc at this time
(something like calling the .revalidate_disk function I mean)

These are just suggestions... I am just really astonished that a single
user program can disturb the mount command with optical disc devices :D

Regards,
Mathieu