Re: Kernel 2.6 SMP very slow with ServerWorks LE Chipset

From: Bob
Date: Fri Dec 08 2006 - 01:00:40 EST

Arjan van de Ven wrote:
in UP config everything is OK in SMP the system slows right down, I've been searching and recompiling my kernel for days looking for the problem option without success, please help.

does the linux-ready firmware kit work on this machine? (see url in
sig), it might be something with the mtrr's, and the kit checks those...

It runs OK though the system seems to fail a lot of tests.
http://www.homeurl.co.uk/linuxfirmwarekit/results.xml
http://www.homeurl.co.uk/linuxfirmwarekit/resources.xml
infact the complete contents of the USB thumb drive are here
http://www.homeurl.co.uk/linuxfirmwarekit/

If you see my other post, booting in SMP and decompressing the kernel tree on CPU 0 took 1m 35s, and CPU 1 still hadn't finished in 40m when I killed it to run the LFDK.

I'm running the latest HP BIOS and I don't think it's possible to put the ASUS one on, any idea what I can do to fix it?

Thank you for your help.