Re: is there any Hard-disk shock-protection for 2.6.18 and above?

From: Elias Oltmanns
Date: Sat Dec 09 2006 - 20:16:36 EST

Hi Jens,

Elias Oltmanns <eo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So, here is a patch in which your remarks and suggestions have been
> incorporated. Additionally, I've added the requested kernel doc file
> and another sysfs attribute called protect_method. The usage of this
> attribute is described in Documentation/block/disk-protection.txt.

Just forgot to mention that your suggestions haven't been implemented
yet. Thats because I'm only gradually beginning to understand the
reasoning and how it might work out in the end. It will probably take
me another weekend (or more) to come up with something fit for
discussion. Bare with me, I'm rather busy at the moment and still new
to the block layer (or kernel code, for that matter).

Regards,

Elias