Re: ReiserFS corruption with 2.6.19 (Was 2.6.19 is not stable withSATA and should not be used by any meansis not stable with SATA and shouldnot be used by any means)

From: Tejun Heo
Date: Wed Dec 13 2006 - 08:01:42 EST

Andrew Robinson wrote:
When I said hibernate, I did mention it was to disk, not to ram. I
woke my computer up from work remotely using wakeonlan. When the
computer was responsive, I started getting I/O errors and when I saw
my kernel log I saw file corruption problems with my "/dev/sda2"
device (which is my root file system and is one of two, the other is
the swap partition)

sata_nv is just now receiving suspend/resume support in devel tree. 2.6.19 sata_nv doesn't have it and STD might have worked but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't work from time to time or gets broken due to unrelated changes in kernel. So, IO errors after STD are bad but kind of expected. I dunno what went wrong with your fs after such IO errors. Destroyed fs after some IO errors is pretty extreme tho.

So, my 5 cents is... don't do hibernation till 2.6.20 is out.

--
tejun