Re: data corruption with nvidia chipsets and IDE/SATA drives // memoryhole mapping related bug?!

From: Christoph Anton Mitterer
Date: Wed Dec 13 2006 - 14:58:08 EST

Chris Wedgwood wrote:
>> Did anyone made any test under Windows? I cannot set there
>> iommu=soft, can I?
>>
> Windows never uses the hardware iommu, so it's always doing the
> equivalent on iommu=soft

That would mean that I'm not able to reproduce the issue unter windows,
right?
Does that apply for all versions (up to and including Vista).

Don't understand me wrong,.. I don't use Windows (expect for upgrading
my Plextor firmware and EAC ;) )... but I ask because the more
information we get (even if it's not Linux specific) the more steps we
can take ;)

Chris.

begin:vcard
fn:Mitterer, Christoph Anton