Re: How git affects kernel.org performance

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sun Jan 07 2007 - 14:39:30 EST

On Sun, 7 Jan 2007, Randy Dunlap wrote:

> ISTM that Linus is trying to make 2.6.20-final before LCA. We'll see.

No. Hopefully "final -rc" before LCA, but I'll do the actual 2.6.20
release afterwards. I don't want to have a merge window during LCA, as I
and many others will all be out anyway. So it's much better to have LCA
happen during the end of the stabilization phase when there's hopefully
not a lot going on.

(Of course, often at the end of the stabilization phase there is all the
"ok, what about regression XyZ?" panic)

Linus