Re: [Ksummit-2006-discuss] 2007 Linux Kernel Summit

From: Scott Preece
Date: Wed Jan 24 2007 - 16:36:03 EST

On 1/24/07, Oleg Verych <olecom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: "Scott Preece" <sepreece@xxxxxxxxx>

[]
> Hmm - Sounds like it needs to go to Halifax! [I was going to suggest
> Reykjavik, but was surprised to see it was in the same time zone as
> the UK.]
>
> I wonder what the geographic center of the kernel community is.
> Somebody with boundless energy could harvest the mail headers from
> LKML, remove duplicates, and figure out the temporal center from the

Do you mean meridian?

Interesting idea. Well, i think duplicates will show actual most active
timezones, so they mustn't be removed. To somebody with lkml's mbox it's
task of new minutes to grep "Data:" header, grab 7th field (UTC shift),
and then count (i'm using my boundless teaching energy here ;).
---

I only meant to eliminate duplicate addresses, not duplicate
timezones. That is, if the goal is to spread the pain of travel evenly
over the community members, you don't want to weight those members by
how often they send mail to the list!

scott