Re: 2.6.18-stable release plans?

From: Chris Rankin
Date: Thu Jan 25 2007 - 03:51:36 EST

--- Mark Rustad <mrustad@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We'll never know if any of these things were correlated with the
> solar flares because they all seem to be one-off failures. I do find
> it interesting though. Our systems seem to be doing statistically
> better this month. What do you think?

Personally, I think it's all a bit moot unless you also have particle detectors above and below
all your machines so that you can interpolate particle tracks. I certainly see no reason why a
random high-energy particle passing through two different machines is ever likely to cause the
same error, unless that error is an outright systems crash. (Although that second report was from
someone with a tainted kernel, which makes it suspect.)

Cheers,
Chris