Re: git.kernel.org move (finally)... estimated week of Feb 5

From: Parag Warudkar
Date: Sun Jan 28 2007 - 11:52:36 EST

AMD64 with XFS.

IMHO 64 bits are on desktop and laptops over two years. So, i would like
to assign (my small, but maybe not only one due of) 50-70 EUR to help
with new hardware, if you wish.

Actually that's a good idea - why don't we put up a
donation-for-hardware appeal on kernel.org and may be someplace more
visible to raise around 8K USD for a 2x2 AMD64 machine with say 8Gig
of RAM? May be the disks etc. stuff can be shared/re-used off the
DL380 G2?

The KDE guys did something like that a little while ago. I pledge my
USD 100 upfront and I don't think we should have trouble getting 80
people donating USD 100 each.

Parag