2.6.20-rc6 pb_fnmode regression

From: Soeren Sonnenburg
Date: Mon Jan 29 2007 - 04:28:22 EST

Dear all,

I realized that any setting to /sys/module/usbhid/parameters/pb_fnmode
is just ignored until the machine does a suspend-resume cycle.

I've added a printk in drivers/usb/input/hid-core.c (which is the only
place where hid->pb_fnmode is set) and indeed only on module load ( in
my case usbhid is compiled into the kernel - so on kernel boot) any
change to hid>pb_fnmode is done. Adding a printk to hidinput_pb_event()
in drivers/hid/hid-input.c says the same: hid->pb_fnmode cannot be
changed on the fly anymore...

HOWEVER: If I s2ram the machine hid->pb_fnmode is initialized with the
value I put into /sys/module/usbhid/parameters/pb_fnmode .

As I have no idea how/whether sysfs works/is possible I now hope someone
more knowledgable than me can resolve this issue!

Soeren
--
Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking, when you become aware of
the real world around you, but you're still dreaming.