Re: Advice on APM-EMU reunion

From: Paul Mundt
Date: Mon Jan 29 2007 - 20:03:27 EST

On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 12:07:56AM +0100, Rodolfo Giometti wrote:
> some months ago I sent to the MIPS and ARM mail lists a patch to unify
> the several APM emulation codes adding a new dedicated directory so it
> can be used to put there the per board specific code avoiding code
> duplications (see files ./arch/arm/kernel/apm.c,
> ./arch/mips/kernel/apm.c and ./arch/sh/kernel/apm.c that are almost
> the same).
>
> The patch is here
> "http://www.linux-mips.org/archives/linux-mips/2006-07/msg00144.html";
> and it has been lost in the deep space...

Not quite, the rationale for it being dropped was here:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/485831

However, it has since been reposted:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/485833
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/485834
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/485835
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/485837

and merged back in to -mm. This is all post 2.6.20 stuff, though..