Re: [Ksummit-2007-discuss] Re: [Ksummit-2006-discuss] 2007 Linux Kernel Summit

From: Dave Jones
Date: Tue Jan 30 2007 - 02:19:00 EST

On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 08:43:12AM +0200, Muli Ben-Yehuda wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 06:51:51AM +0100, Jes Sorensen wrote:
>
> > Last year the subject of DMA engines was put up, however most of the
> > people interested in the subject weren't even invited. In that case
> > there's really little concrete that can come out of the discussion.
>
> Likewise IOMMUs.

There were a number of people there last year who understood IOMMUs
and could easily talk at length about them if able to do so.
iirc, you were also invited, but were unable to travel due to
bad things falling from the sky in Israel at the time ?

> I think Andrew's suggestion of adding a CFP phase to KS is excellent -
> get some new blood in the room and spice up the discussion.

I don't see anything that really precludes the idea. Or even the
notion of both that and some of the old format for some of the
sessions.

Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk