Re: 2.6.20-rc6-mm3

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Tue Jan 30 2007 - 04:31:57 EST

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 10:06:45 +0100
Olivier Galibert <galibert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 08:45:28PM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > -x86_64-mm-share-whats-shareable.patch
> > -x86_64-mm-only-call-unreachable_devices-when-type-1-is-available.patch
> > -x86_64-mm-only-map-whats-necessary.patch
> > -x86_64-mm-detect-and-support-the-e7520-and-the-945g-gz-p-pl.patch
> > -x86_64-mm-reserve-resources-but-only-when-were-sure-about-them.patch
>
> Want me to update these? And maybe the other mmconfig related ones if
> I can find them.

Thanks. That depends upon which of Andi or Len merges first.

If Andi goes first, then Len has rather a bit of hackwork to do.

If Len goes first then things are probably simpler, but that ACPI codedrop
is very new and might have problems. We wouldn't want to hold the x86
merge back because of it.

For now, I guess we sit back while Len and Andi sort out what they're going
to do.

Len, what was in that merge anyway? Lots of renaming and shuffling things
around - the sorts of things which are safe as long as they compile OK. But
was there much substantive material in there as well?