Re: How to locate struct file * from a bio?

From: Eddie Pettis
Date: Wed Jan 31 2007 - 13:55:38 EST

On 1/31/07, Helge Hafting <helge.hafting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Eddie Pettis wrote:
> Short question: Is it possible to locate the struct file * associated
> with a bio? If so, how?

Looks like you do this the wrong way.

Agreed. It was a bad hack based on something I had done previously.

Why don't you tap into "open" instead?
Here you can note who opens the file and if they open it for
reading or writing. If you really need the amount of data
transferred, consider trapping the read and write syscalls too.

I added hooks to the sys_* system calls for read/write/open/close from
userspace, and that seems to work.

Thanks!

Helge Hafting