Re: [Ksummit-2007-discuss] Re: [Ksummit-2006-discuss] 2007 Linux Kernel Summit

From: Dave Jones
Date: Wed Jan 31 2007 - 15:15:17 EST

On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 03:21:35AM +0100, Jes Sorensen wrote:

> with having 12 committee members for an 80 seat summit, but nobody
> seems to like to talk about that issue :)

If it makes you feel better, I'll stand down as a PC member, and
attempt attendance on merit. I'm seriously tired of the allegations
that there's underhand things going on.

Between this, and the constant nagging from some community members
to find out if they'd made the cut (nearly EVERY DAY for a month),
I sometimes wonder why I volunteered. Perhaps because like others
on the PC, I felt it wasn't fair to burden Ted with all the workload.

Remember that we're all volunteers here, and the suggestion that
we're all doing it just to ensure attendance is just unfair.

All the PC committee members last year were on the same voting sheet
as everyone else. Theoretically, I could have given low votes to
Andi, Ted and everyone else on the PC, but that would be ridiculous
given the work they do, and the value they've added to previous summits.

Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk