Re: 2.6.20-rc7 mtrr handling

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Thu Feb 01 2007 - 01:50:18 EST

Sebastian Kemper wrote:
But now /proc/mtrr shows 256MB of video ram, same as lspci, whereas
the real amount of video ram (as properly detected by X) is only
128MB.
The size of the aperture doesn't have to match the actual amount of
memory. For many cards it doesn't.

-hpa

Hello Peter,

sorry, I don't understand. Are you talking about the AGP Aperture size that I can set in my BIOS or about the actual video ram on the graphics card. Because that's the one that the mtrr sets to its double size.

Neither. I'm talking about the window in the address space, as shown in /proc/pci.

-hpa