Re: [BUG]: 2.6.19.2: Weird serial core issue

From: Aubrey Li
Date: Thu Feb 01 2007 - 05:38:39 EST

On 2/1/07, Tosoni <jp.tosoni@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If I understand Alan'answer correctly:

You appear to use a *shell* on that console. The shell gets your ENTER key
and in the succeeding processing the shell resets the crtscts flag to what
the shell thinks is right for him.

The shell must make some tty tweaking in order to allow you to edit the
commands.

You must disable login, shell and anything on that port in order to make a
significant test. But beware that in this case you will close and reopen the
port each time you run your test.

But the problem seems not like you said.
if enable crtscts by default, your thoughts makes sense.
But if disable crtscts by default, the fact is not as your thoughts.
The following is the test result on my side.
===================================
root:~> cflag = 0x80001cb1, old = 0x1cb1

cflag = 0x1cb1, old = 0x80001cb1
cflag = 0x1cb1, old = 0x1cb1
When run "stty -F /dev/ttyS0 crtscts",
I got
root:~> cflag = 0x80001cb1, old = 0x1cb1
That means crtscts in the old terminal setting is disabled. Now it's enabled.

But When I type "ENTER" key,

I got