Re: Unidentified Intel wifi network card

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Thu Feb 01 2007 - 11:01:42 EST

On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 08:59:47 +1100, Herbert Xu said:
> On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 03:54:55PM -0500, Valdis.Kletnieks@xxxxxx wrote:
> >
> > Oh - the git-crypto-fix patch has to be applied with -R, I never got around
> > re-diffing it the other way.
>
> If this driver is still using the old digest interface, it needs to be
> converted to use crypto_hash_*.

OK, here's the more complete scoop - the *out of tree* ieee80211 tree
hasn't been converted, but the *in tree* version has.

Why did I have the out of tree version installed? Because the in-tree
version claimed to be 1.1.3, and the out-of-tree 1.2.16. Apparently,
the update to the version string for the in-kernel version got blocked
someplace - the in-tree is apparently actually very close to 1.2.16.