Re: [patch 1/9] fs: libfs buffered write leak fix

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Fri Feb 02 2007 - 21:20:30 EST

On Sat, 3 Feb 2007 03:09:26 +0100
Nick Piggin <npiggin@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: Nick Piggin <npiggin@xxxxxxx>
> To: Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxx>

argh. Yesterday all my emails were getting a mysterious
s/osdl/linux-foundation/ done to them at the server, so I switched everything
over. Now it would appear that they are getting an equally mysterious
s/linux-foundation/osdl/ done to them. I assume you sent this to
akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?

> Cc: Linux Kernel <linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Linux Filesystems <linux-fsdevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Linux Memory Management <linux-mm@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [patch 1/9] fs: libfs buffered write leak fix
> Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 03:09:26 +0100
>
> On Fri, Feb 02, 2007 at 05:58:01PM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > On Sat, 3 Feb 2007 02:33:16 +0100
> > Nick Piggin <npiggin@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > I think just setting page uptodate in commit_write might do the
> > > trick? (and getting rid of the set_page_dirty there).
> >
> > Yes, the page just isn't uptodate yet in prepare_write() - moving things
> > to commti_write() sounds sane.
> >
> > But please, can we have sufficient changelogs and comments in the next version?
>
> You're right, sorry. Is this any better?

yup, thanks.

> (warning: nobh code is untested)

ow.