Re: 2.6.20 PCI Cannot allocate resource region 2

From: Luming Yu
Date: Sun Feb 04 2007 - 22:05:15 EST

On 2/5/07, Manu Abraham <abraham.manu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I get this error on booting up 2.6.20 (Similar error on 2.6.17.7 also,
the message is slightly different in 2.6.17.7)

PCI Cannot allocate resource region 2 of device 0000:02:0a.0
Just did a search about this message around the kernel source tree.
The interesting thing is that I see the following comments at several
different arch/drivers files. Is it related to your problem?

* Known BIOS problems we have to work around:
* - I/O or memory regions not configured
* - regions configured, but not enabled in the command register
* - bogus I/O addresses above 64K used
* - expansion ROMs left enabled (this may sound harmless, but given
* the fact the PCI specs explicitly allow address decoders to be
* shared between expansion ROMs and other resource regions, it's
* at least dangerous)