forcedeth problems on 2.6.20-rc6-mm3

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Mon Feb 05 2007 - 00:13:39 EST

Something's busted with forcedeth in 2.6.20-rc6-mm3 for me relative to 2.6.20-rc6. There's no errors in dmesg, but it seems no packets ever get received and so the machine can't get an IP address. I tried reverting all the -mm changes to drivers/net/forcedeth.c, which didn't help. The network controller shares an IRQ with the USB OHCI controller which is receiving interrupts, so it doesn't seem like an interrupt routing problem, though I suppose something wierd could be happening there.

This is on an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe (CK804 chipset) on x86_64.

Any suggestions on how to debug/what to try reverting to see what's causing this?

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from hancockr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx