Re: Free Linux Driver Development!

From: Sunil Naidu
Date: Wed Feb 07 2007 - 08:34:34 EST

On 2/7/07, Akemi Yagi <amyagi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 19:07:50 +0530, Sunil Naidu wrote:

> On 2/5/07, Stefan Seyfried <seife@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 03:14:31AM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
>> > On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 05:24:28PM -0800, Greg KH wrote:
>>
>> Wrong. I abandoned all floppy drives some years ago. I'd actually vote
>> for removing the floppy driver from the kernel completely.
>
> I don't think time has come for that yet, still millions of people do use
> Floppy on Linux ;-)

So, I am not the only person on earth who still makes sure the floppy gets
included when building a new custom PC?

Yep, still floppies are useful. Example, when we buy a new device
(driver) with a floppy (sometimes by manufacturer). Plus, from the
customer (not user) POV, what's wrong in spending another $10 for a
FDD in a typical $1000 PC? Makes sense right ;-)

Akemi

~Akula2