Re: 2.6.21-git10/11: files getting truncated on xfs? or maybe annlink problem?

From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge
Date: Thu May 10 2007 - 17:54:35 EST

Chuck Ebbert wrote:
> Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
>
>> Chuck Ebbert wrote:
>>
>>> What CPU architecture is this happening on? Not i686 with PAE by
>>> any chance?
>>>
>> Yes. Why?
>>

> I have a bug report where NFS files are corrupted only with PAE clients.
> Corruption is at the end of the (newly untarred) files. Doesn't happen
> without PAE.

Hm, suggestive, but I'm not convinced. Two differences to this situation:

1. Immediately after the clone ("untar"), the contents are completely
OK; it's only after a umount/mount cycle to problems appear
2. There's no corruption as such; the files are just too short. And
it seems they're at a previously OK length, not some random size.