Re: 2.6.22 - Suspend and Weird Load Averages

From: Parag Warudkar
Date: Wed Jul 25 2007 - 15:40:26 EST

Hi Pavel!

On 7/25/07, Pavel Machek <pavel@xxxxxx> wrote:

Known, and Rafael/Nigel have patches to fix that.

Thanks for the info - Rafael/Nigel do you have any patches for me to
try/modify - I am just curious to see what approach the patches take
to fix this - I had started thinking about TASK_SUSPENDED which would
be equivalent to TASK_UNINTERRUPTIBLE for all purposes except load
calculation (not counted in nr_uninterruptible) but somehow I think
there might be a less intrusive / more correct way to do this.

OTOH I'm not sure it is a problem -- lets just say that suspend is
hard work and therefore it raises load avg?
Pavel

Hehe, nope - that would be inefficient suspend for me! Any way I
understand it's purely a cosmetic problem but if we could be
cosmetically correct to report the right uptime after suspend sans the
sleep time (unlike other OSes which include sleep time when reporting
it) I think we should also fix this one to report correct load
averages.

Cheers

Parag