Re: [BUG] Strange 1-second pauses during Resume-from-RAM

From: JÃrn Engel
Date: Sun Dec 02 2007 - 15:01:08 EST

On Sun, 2 December 2007 16:47:46 +0100, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> well what does the trace say, where do the delays come from? To get a
> quick overview you can make tracing lighter weight by doing:
>
> echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/mcount_enabled
> echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/trace_syscalls

I mistyped and did
echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/mcount_enabled

Result looked like a livelock and finally convinced me to abandon the
latency tracer. Sorry, but it appears to be the right tool for the
wrong job.

JÃrn

--
They laughed at Galileo. They laughed at Copernicus. They laughed at
Columbus. But remember, they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.