Re: sched_yield: delete sysctl_sched_compat_yield

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Mon Dec 03 2007 - 16:48:37 EST

* Mark Lord <lkml@xxxxxx> wrote:

> That's not the same thing at all. I think that David is suggesting
> that the reinsertion logic should pretend that the task used up all of
> the CPU time it was offered in the slot leading up to the
> sched_yield() call.

we have tried this too, and this has problems too (artificial inflation
of the vruntime metric and a domino effects on other portions of the
scheduler). So this is a worse solution than what we have now. (and this
has all been pointed out in past discussions in which David
participated. I'll certainly reply to any genuinely new idea.)

Ingo