Re: [BUG] 2.6.23-rc3 can't see sd partitions on Alpha

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Tue Dec 04 2007 - 07:17:14 EST

* Bob Tracy <rct@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Finally got back in town. Starting the git-bisect process. I've got
> a relatively slow network connection, and the PWS 433au isn't exactly
> what I would call "fast" by modern standards, so bear with me while I
> get things set up and crank through this. The clone of the 2.6 tree
> will take several more hours to finish downloading. I anticipate the
> best pace I'll be able to manage after that is two iterations in a 24-
> hour period.

once you are done with the download of the initial cloned git repository
(which is 200MB+), all the bisection steps will be local and you'll be
only limited by kernel rebuild speed and by bootup and testing speed,
not by network bandwidth.

( once you have the cloned repository i'd suggest for you to keep it -
that way you can track susequent kernels via "git-pull" and it uses a
very network-efficient delta protocol. )

Ingo