Re: kernel panic on 2.6.24/iTCO_wdt not rebooting machine

From: Denys Fedoryshchenko
Date: Fri Feb 01 2008 - 14:16:35 EST

On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 12:11:41 -0500, Len Brown wrote

> What do you see if you build with CONFIG_HIGH_RES_TIMERS=n
>
> Does it work better if you boot with "acpi=off"?
> if yes, how about with just pnpacpi=off?
>
> thanks,
> -Len

It is not very easy to test. About bug - most probably it is related to third
party ESFQ patch, i will drop it and then test more properly when i will be
able to make watchdog work fine. But more important i notice - that iTCO_wdt
is not working at all. I think hrtimers doesn't change anything on that.
About testing, i cannot take even small risk now(and near 3-5 days) by
changing kernel options, i set now maximum available set of watchdogs, cause
there is noone to maintain server, area is unreachable because of snow and
bad weather.

Do you think reasonable to try acpi / pnpacpi with iTCO_wdt to make it work?
Maybe just registers addresses or way how TCO watchdog activated changed on
this chipset?

--
Denys Fedoryshchenko
Technical Manager