Re: [patch] pci: pci_enable_device_bars() fix

From: Greg KH
Date: Sat Feb 02 2008 - 18:32:59 EST

On Sat, Feb 02, 2008 at 03:56:04PM -0500, Jeff Garzik wrote:

> >> Wait, my testing caught this. I made the change to the patch myself,
> >> adding the needed conversion to my tree, it's here, on my disk!
> >>
> >> Oh crap, I never checked it in.
> >>
> >> /me goes off to sulk in shame.
> >
> > you might want to join the (sizable) club of us deeply ashamed people
> > who recently introduced upstream build failures :-/
>
> Personal CC differences aside <grin> I do think you guys both do a good
> job of staying on top of your subsystems.

Heh, thanks.

> We all wear the brown paper bag on occasion, and with the "merge
> maelstrom" during each merge window, I'm quite frankly amazed at how
> _little_ stuff get broken overall.

Yeah, I re-ran some statistics the other day on our kernel development
rate, and changed my formula after Andrew accused me of severely
undercounting the rate of change.

Turns out that as of 2.6.24-rc8 for the 2.6.24 kernel release we did:
lines added per day: 4945
lines removed per day: 2006
lines modified per day: 1702

And note, that is real stuff, not renames or file moves at all, git
handles not reporting that.

That's for the 99 days that it took to do 2.6.24-rc8 (I need to re-run
the scripts now that 2.6.24 is out.)

It's fricken scarily amazing that things are still working at all...

Just something to make you all sleep well at night :)

thanks,

greg k-h