ide-tape redux (was: Re:)

From: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz
Date: Mon Feb 04 2008 - 20:15:54 EST

Hi Borislav,

On Monday 04 February 2008, Borislav Petkov wrote:
> Hi Bart,
>
> here are the pending ide-tape patches reworked which incorporate all review
> points raised so far. Several new patches are appended to the original series
> which i thought would be reasonable to sumbit along with the others. Also,
> i've applied "ide-tape: dump gcw fields on error in idetape_identify_device()"
> which is #12 and which you can simply ignore. Furthermore, #32 from the original
> series got split up into the different logical changes it dealt with, as you
> requested.

Thanks! [ Reviewing was so much easier. ]

> Documentation/feature-removal-schedule.txt | 14 +-
> drivers/ide/ide-tape.c | 2764 +++++++++++++---------------

applied #1-7, #9-10, #13-22 (+queued all of them for 2.6.25)

w.r.t. #8 I'm waiting for Jens to comment on blk_{get,put}_request() approach

w.r.t. #11 ide-tape uses char devices and supports DSC so it is not as obvious
as in ide-floppy case that all atomic bitops can be just removed (extra audit
and some time -mm are required) so please resync/resubmit

#12 is already in Linus' tree

Bart